Thursday, February 14, 2008

for You

walking in the rain
a fine and spendid day
withholding disdain
though still quite far away
the clicking of my heels
the spash on my shoulder
spray from car wheels
wind to make it colder
yellow raincoats
make a bold scene
like musical notes
formidable for a queen
cross the street
hop the curb
space incomplete
no one to disturb
pavement turns to grass
building to tree
how long does it last
search and you will see
there's a world to taste
sunshine rain or snow
a world we waste
behind our mobile pones
the trees don't hide their eyes
the flowers will always smile
they won't put on a disguise
and chat to another for a while
the river won't withhold
from running past my feet
or be intentionally cold
when causing my defeat
there's no currency they solicit
no image they're expected to display
no sinful desires to elicit
disgarding morals for impusive play
i shall wrap myself in a quilt
fall to the floor of the field
look at this world God built
where beauty never yields

3 comments:

Diane said...

Sweet.

Everywhere I look, people are talking on their cell phones. What did we do before this constant connection that disconnects?

Life is passing us by.

kiki said...

Piper are you reading my mind? Or do ALL yellows think this way? I'm so glad you can share it in your words.

Alison said...

Your a poet and I didn't know it. I really enjoyed this poem, most likely b/c I understood it - unlike most other poetry I've ever read. You truly have a gift for writing Pipster.