Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Prayers that Help the Artist

I thought I would share with you my nightly prayers. They have helped me get through the past several years, and many obstacles that I have ultimately overcome, or did not overcome but was reassured (through my prayers) that sometimes we must fail--whatever the reason. Ask HIM, not me. I have very few answers :)

PRAYER TO SAINT JOSEPH

Oh Saint Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.
Oh Saint Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from the Divine LORD all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ our Lord so that having engaged here below your heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of fathers.
Oh Saint Joseph I never weary contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms I dare not approach while he reposes near your heart. Press HIM in my name, kiss His fine head for me, and ask HIM to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.
Oh Saint Joseph, patron of departing, please pray for me to the Lord our GOD.


PRAYER TO THE HOLY TRINITY

ALL GLORY BE TO THE FATHER, WHO BY HIS ALMIGHTY POWER AND LOVE CREATED ME, MAKING ME IN THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD.

ALL GLORY BE TO THE SON, WHO BY HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD DELIVERED ME FROM HELL, AND OPENED FOR ME THE GATES OF HEAVEN.

ALL GLORY BE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHO HAS SANCTIFIED ME BY SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM, AND CONTINUES TO SANCTIFY BY THE GRACES I RECEIVE DAILY FROM HIS BOUNTY.

ALL GLORY BE TO THE THREE ADORABLE PERSONS OF THE HOLY TRINITY, NOW AND FOREVER…AMEN!


PRAYER TO JESUS

“I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and THE LIFE! No one comes to the father but through me.” Live in us, Oh Jesus with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit so that we may love YOU with our whole my mind strength and heart; Love our neighbors for LOVE of YOU. Increase charity in us, so that one day, called from the sepulcher to the glorious life, we may be united with YOU in the ETERNAL HAPPINESS OF HEAVEN.

JESUS, MASTER, WAY TRUTH AND LIFE, have mercy on us.



PRAYER FOR SANCTITY

Wisdom
Knowledge
Counsel
Fortitude
Understanding
Piety
Fear of the LORD

I am going to reveal to you the secret of sanctity and happiness. Every day for five minutes, control your imagination, close your eyes to the things of sense and your ears to all the noises in the world in order to enter into HIM. Then, in sanctity of your baptized soul, speak to that DIVINE SPIRIT, saying to HIM,

“Oh HOLY SPIRIT, beloved of my soul, I adore YOU. Enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me, tell me what I should do. Give me your orders. I promise to submit myself to all that you desire of me and accept all that you permit to happen to me. Let me only know YOUR WILL.

If you do this your life will flow along happily, serenely, and full of consolation. Even in the midst of trials GRACE will be proportioned to you, and you will arrive at the GATE OF HEAVEN laden with merit. This is the secret of Sanctity.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

ALL GLORY BE TO THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. NOW AND FOREVER, AMEN.

No comments: