Monday, October 26, 2009

Believe in Forgiveness, Seek Forgiveness

"And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unriteousness."
--1 John 1: 4-9

Brothers and Sisters:

We are so easily comforted by the distortions of our own mind. We simply forget our wrongdoings while taking so much pleasure in our so-called accomplishments. All along we forget Him. He is in everything! He is in the wrong we do, because, by ignoring His commandments, we do wrong. He is in the good we do, because He is in everything good. Either way, we shall acknowledge Him in everything we do--good or bad. By doing something good, we shall give praise and glory to His name, not ours. By doing something bad, we shall ask His forgiveness, and accept our humble existence.

We shall not fool ourselves or anyone around us into thinking the dark path yields any good fruit. When a path arouses your senses stand guard, and ask yourself if you are aroused by the Goodness of God or by the inquiry of evil.

But most of all, accept your subservience to Him, and be not afraid to ask forgiveness.

Love and God Forever,
Anthony Paul

1 comment:

Diane said...

Piper! I can't tell you how happy I am to read these posts. What joy they bring me. I have no doubt that God will bless your faithfulness and use you in mighty ways to spread His Love. I never have.

I'm reading a spiritual work of fiction you might enjoy...Father Elijah by Michael O'Brien. It's an interesting story, relevant to our times, well-written, and best of all, has spoken to my heart and soul on many levels. God is working in me as well, calling me back, drawing me deeper.

I can't help being reminded of the two great saints who share your name as I see it at the bottom of your posts. Saint Anthony and Saint Paul, pray for us!

I love you, my sweet brother. And I'm praying for you. Everyday.